Thursday, January 9, 2014

Purpose

Lately I've felt more and more drawn toward having a more profound sense of purpose in my life. Even as a child I had envisioned serving a greater good.

With so much that ails our world and humanity, it's really challenging to choose where to begin focus one's positive energy. Is it in the direction of what's most urgently needed? Is it in the direction of what will have the greatest impact?

For me, I think it's starting small and gravitating toward what I'm most passionate about. So far what I feel most impassioned by is love, truth and the dissemination of both.

Love is the greatest and most challenging of all. Love requires us to love ourselves and others especially when appearing to be least deserving of it. It requires one to relinquish ego altogether and purely come from the heart.

Truth is elusive in our time of corporate-owned mass media. Sometimes we get a little truth. Sometimes we just get what we get and it's not true at all. A lack of truth is the price we all pay for not paying directly for content itself.

I'm just going to continue sharing thoughts, and we'll see where this leads ...

No comments: