Monday, January 29, 2018

Kundalini Kriya Yoga

This morning marks my first-ever Kriya Yoga practice. I was initiated into this practice yesterday morning.

Around 7:00 a.m. I sat cross-legged on the floor facing east, taking in some of the only sunlight I would take in on a day of seemingly endless downpours. As I began my practice, eyes closed, I was treated to the most magical bird singing just outside my sliding glass door. It lasted through the most important phases of the practice. My heart delighted in the sound, to me an auspicious signal of being on a good path. When I finally concluded my practice, I opened my eyes surprisingly to full overcast daylight. Not sure why it took me by surprise, I was aware I began my practice at sunrise. I am excited to further explore this practice!

On my way home after a late night with clients, I had a chance run-in with my teacher who initiated me yesterday in the Trader Joe's check out. Talk about synchronistic ...

No comments: