Thursday, June 12, 2008

What Gays Have Been Reduced To

Holy shit! You've gotta read this. A gem of an excerpt I recently ran across on Craigslist:

YOUR AVERAGE GAY MAN - 30 (Seattle)

Reply to:
pers-718157208@craigslist.org
Date: 1969-12-31, 4:33PM PST

I'm your average gay man. I'm emotionally shut down, but have an uncanny ability to have empty, casual sex whenever the mood strikes. I'm self absorbed and judgemental, but deep down, like most of you, I'm very insecure. I lack emotional maturity and assume the role of victim in life.

In addition to being checked out, I also like to play head games. I expect you to guess what I'm thinking and how I'm feeling most of the time. If you guess incorrectly, I'll get upset and become withdrawn. When that happens, I'll need your unending devotion. I'm a bit needy.

Otherwise, I'm entirely physically attractive and always present myself very well. You can think of me as somewhat of a wolf in sheep's clothing. I promise the sex will be killer because that's about all I'm good at. Well, aside from being aloof and passive aggressive. Sure, it'd be easier just to be direct and up front, but where's the drama in that?

Don't worry, if I suddenly lose interest in you, I'll just sever all ties and you'll never hear from me again.

Any takers?

Location: Seattle
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


Hmmm ... well that pretty much about sums up every guy I've dated over the past couple years. Whoever wrote that is a genius!

OK, I'll admit it. I wrote it and posted it to Craigslist as somewhat of a joke and some what of a way to express my disdain for dating. I actually received responses. None was more creepy than this fugly fifty something guy who thought I sounded really interesting. OMFG.

No comments: