Monday, March 10, 2014

Cart Racing w/My Ex-In-Laws

Yes, this is as odd as the post heading reads. Last night I dreamed of being with my ex's folks. We were on our way to someone's home or to a house and had to cross through a large shopping center parking lot. It almost looked like the shopping center was abandoned, kind of Walking Dead-esque. The more odd thing was our mode of transportation. We weren't just walking. We were standing on these little scooters, which were almost like small shopping cards. They were kind of a white mesh of metal with red wheels. There were two wheels in the front and one in the back, which turned. I recall going through some large puddle, like part of the lot either had a water feature or had flooded. The water seemed dark, but only because I don't think it was well lit. The scene took place in the day time, but I don't think it was either overcast nor bright and sunny. At some other point in my dream I was in an antique store, and may have even been with my ex. This part is really hazy.

In reality I saw my ex of seven years last Friday. It was his 40th birthday. I deliberately stopped by his home with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot. He and our long-time neighbor Rob were just walking back down the side yard on their way back from the chicken run. It had been a while, and it was good to see them both. I embraced RC and then Rob. My presence seemed equally well received, and Rob has always been kind to me. In fact as he headed back home he patted my ass when he walked by, almost in the manner of a coach. RC and I chatted for a bit. He showed me what he's been doing with the garden, that his brother was coming over the weekend to help repair the deck that appeared to be falling down. It was good to see him. I think he is happy. The home looks in need of some tidying up. I think he likes it the way it is, and that's all that matters.

Dream Definitions:

Skates: To see skates denotes discord among your associates.

Shopping Cart: To see or use a shopping cart in your dream indicates you are reaping the rewards and benefits of your hard work. If the shopping cart is empty, then it suggest you are coming up empty in some endeavor or plan.

In-Law: To see your in-law in your dream represents a working relationship which can take many different turns. The dream may also be a pun on being more careful and playing by the rules.

 Ex-Boyfriend: It is very common for people to dream about ex-partners. Individuals that have been an important part of our lives continue to take up a part of our mind and heart. It is impossible to very dramatically shut the person out of thoughts and feelings. Just because the relationship ends does not mean that all is finished. As we go through relationships we learn and at times pick up "battle wounds." You will continue to dream about your ex-boyfriend until you "let go" of them on a very important level, or until you learned your lessons from that relationship. Either way, dreaming about your ex-romance does not predict future involvement. It may be wish-fulfillment, reliving memories or working out old issues.

Parking Lot: To dream you are in a parking lot suggests you need to slow down and take some time to relax from your daily activities. (This is very poignant)

Antique: To dream of antiques represents your time honored values, tradition, wisdom and inherited personal characteristics. It symbolizes something genuine or proven. Some things in your past are worth holding onto or worth keeping.

No comments: