Monday, September 29, 2014

9/29 Reality ...

Today's email to my naturopath/PCP (an update on my two-year struggle with chronic illness):  
Hello, Dr. Congdon,

Hope this message finds you well.

Within the past few weeks it seems my health has once more backslid. Still healthier than when I first began seeing you. So that is good.

Randomly experience heart palpitations where it feels like my heart is slowing to a stop, then beats rapidly for a short spell and corrects. This causes light-headedness.

More concerning is eating as my food responses have flared up, even reactions to foods I commonly eat. Such responses include runny nose. shortness of breath and throat discomfort whereas it feels as though my throat is swelling and/or it becomes difficult to swallow.

On a bigger picture level, my concern is that feeling mediocre becomes the best I can hope for. Not having any clear understanding about the nature of my health issues, no expectation around what to expect and no clear path to chart are all disconcerting.

Saw Dr. Murray last week. His perspective is that my thyroid levels are stable. My blood pressure is better, on the low side of normal vs. low. Regarding palpitations, all he said is that's typically indicative of someone who is hyper vs. hypo.

I've added more salt to my diet, which has helped some with hydration and shortness of breath. My food reactions have lessened a bit and are still more prevalent these past couple weeks than they've been in quite some time.

Your first available appt. is Nov. 21. I've an upcoming check-up scheduled this week with Dr. Virant. Not expecting anything groundbreaking there. Also scheduled a GI appt. with Dr. Lewis, Oct. 21 being his first available.

Feeling like a clearer understanding of causality and thus treatment exists. Unsure how to pursue it. I want to fully recover my health if at all possible. Do you have any other recommendations I can look into?

Thank you and all the best,

Brad

No comments: