Thursday, January 29, 2015

Update on Mom Jan. 29th



Hello, All,

Hope this message finds you well.

It has been just more a one week since my mom began a trial-based chemotherapy treatment program. Her first infusion a week ago Wednesday and her second occurred today. I’m pleased to report she seems to be doing rather well, certainly much better than she had anticipated, or rather dreaded. Aside from feeling a bit low on energy toward the early part of this week, she’s holding up strong.

They anticipate mom will lose her hair following today’s treatment. As such, she was fitted for wigs today at SCCA. They sent her home with two. They become her, one more so than the other in my humble opinion, and give her a more youthful appearance. I’ve attached a photo I just took of her tonight with her new hair. Of course she was concerned about getting her new ‘do cut and styled prior to a photo opp and wanted to make sure she had some lipstick on. It’s truly wonderful to have her concerned about such things. That’s the mom I know and love.

The upside to all of this is she no longer has to fuss with her hair in the morning, which was a considerable time commitment for her. She’ll just love that I shared that and yes I’m being sarcastic. J Also, she no longer has to wake up at 7:00 a.m. each morning to take the daily pill treatment she was previously on. Mom has been able to sleep in each morning, which I think is better for her overall wellbeing.

Mom and Al are still staying with Terry and I for the time being. We’ve been helping them buy a bank-owned townhome in a 55+ community just down the road from us. The process has been unexpectedly complicated. We were supposed to have closed earlier this month. They are both so excited about this prospect. So please send your positive thoughts and prayers this home works out for them. It would be such a great place for them to be settled over here close to us with an active community of their peers, walking trails and great access to Town for medical, etc.

I’ll continue to keep you all posted periodically. Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts and support.

All my best,

No comments: