Monday, May 30, 2016

Last Night's Dream ...

Had a bizarre dream. My mom and I were having a steak dinner, and I started eating the remnants of my steak from the night before, which I suddenly realized had been left out/not stored in the refrigerator.

A friendly couple from down the way showed up and my mom invited them to join us. After my first bite of steak I realized I needed a new steak, not because it was rotten, just because I knew it was probably going to make me sick. So I excused myself and inconspicuously spit out the piece of meat I had been chewing.

I grabbed a bunch of new steaks and was sidetracked by seeing activity at an investment property my parents bought and improved. Odd because they aren't married in my everyday, waking consciousness.

Here was the snag, they bought half the property and improved the property half way. The other half owners were running an event business out of the property and my parents intended to use it as a short term vacation rental.

While I was onsite the other alleged half owners showed up. We sat down and talked about the situation. They were too quick to offer a buyout. I suspected they were squatting on the property vs. actually on title. The wife in particular was really shifty about giving me any contact details for follow up. They also alleged my folks hadn't done much to improve the property.

When I first saw the property, the home was really tired looking and dated. I recall after my folks bought their share it had been modernized, with really cool black metal framed windows, including a funky black glass interior room divide. Walls had been removed to open up the interior spaces. Now up close I was having a hard time seeing the work, and after I left I wondered if I had been influenced to see what someone else wanted me to see.

Meanwhile an event was taking shape outside. A party, a rather large one at that. Low and behold all my steaks I had fetched had been consumed.

There was a sea, like the sound, and I washed my hands in the saltwater. It was night, music was playing, jovial voices muffled below the volume.

I had set my cooler and a couple other things stacked upon it in the shallow part of the sea. I turned to grab some replacement steaks from the party BBQ, they were of poorer quality. I ended up only taking one, the best looking one left. Someone grabbed me a piece of foil to wrap it in. I ended up putting it in a corrugated to go box.

My cooler and other items had vanished. No, they were just farther up shore. So I waded out to get them and then headed for dry land.

The rest gets fuzzier. I was driving my mom's Exploder (slang for Ford Explorer) into the woods. It was either Patrick (my ex's middle brother) or my old friend Andy (from the early 90s). Or they are actually one in the same person. Either way, I told them about the odd property dealings. He knew the people and he was certain they had no business being there and no actual ownership interest in the property.

I was out of breath from having run from the shore or something. Before I knew it Patrick/Andy had loaded my unwieldy items into the back of the SUV, and I was intending to return to my mom and guests. That's where the dream ended, I think ...

No comments: