Monday, February 11, 2008

My life's greatest disappointment ...

Growing up, there were few things in life I wanted more than my very own Easy Bake Oven. Really.

I'd see those '80s TV commercials with the little white girl and the little black girl putting yellow cakes and brownies into their orange Easy Bake. They'd watch lovingly and longingly through the little window as the batter rose backlit by the special lightbulb, which doubles as the oven's heating element. They'd lick their lucky lips in anticipation of taking their hot cakes out of their fantastic little oven to ice them. Fucking bitches!

No, I never got my Easy Bake Oven. While my parents didn't mind that I played with my girlfriend Tara's Barbies, they wouldn't get me one of these damn ovens. Sexists, I tell you - raving, bigoted sexists ...

Look at how much fun that little blonde bimbo on the box in the above photo is having with her Easy Bake Oven. It's not fair!!!

Well, my girlfriend Grace has hinted that I may one day yet receive my prize. We'll see ...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know darling...I know. Just remember my cautionary tale with this little item. Hopefully, EasyBake will complete its recall and will come up with an even more splendiferous model for you!