Sunday, July 6, 2008

Finding Inspiration

My dear Snow, an incredibly gifted, freelance illustrator, has been yearning to find the time to stay with her craft of painting. I'm finding myself with a similar and yet slightly different dillemma.

I very much want to stay with my craft of writing, and I suppose to some extent I have through my blog. Time isn't as much the issue as is inspiration, focus and creative gusto these days.

Pounding away on this Underwood No. 5 (is that like Chanel No. 5 for writers?) is such a romantic notion. Have you ever tried to type on one of these machines though? Not only are they ergonomically hateful, but they are just plain uncivilized. People must've had very strong fingers back in the day.

Still, I imagine myself in a small, secluded cabin along the Pacific Northwest coastline with ample time for reflection and energy to create masterful works on one of these beautiful antiques.

No comments: