Friday, July 11, 2008

FUCK YELLOW CAB OF SEATTLE

It's 2:00 a.m. I just got back in from a very long 48 hours, nearly half of which I spent working. Had a two day business conference. Then an after party, which didn't go late, but clearly I did by American standards. So here I sit, three beers and an entire 10 inch cheese pizza later, still pissed off about my last two Yellow Cab experiences.

My drivers were fine. The cars were clean. I reached my destinations safely and punctually. But when I arrived at my destination however, the cab driver gave me a total that was $2 more than what the meter read. The first driver declared a $2 fuel surcharge. The other didn't. No where is this "charge" posted. Either way I think they're full of shit, so I didn't tip either of those fucking thieving bastards.

Let me tell you something. I am the 20% tip guy. You have to really grate my nuts for me to not tip even close to 20%. But $2 is nearly a half gallon of gas. I was only going 8 blocks, in both cases. So not only am I being charged handsomely for service, but I'm also more than paying for these guys to fill up their gas guzzlers. I'm pretty sure these cab drivers and/or companies are taking advantage of over speculated oil futures and basically charging themselves a 50% tip. It's not the money so much as it is the principle. FUCKERS!

Here I am, trying to be a responsible party goer by cabbing it. From now on I'm driving drunk or bumming rides from total strangers. I think they call that hitch hiking. Or better yet, I'll get drunk, commandeer someone else's ride, then smash it into the side of a Yellow Cab and flee the scene undiscovered. Surcharge that, motherfuckers.

2 comments:

Jonny said...

Whatever you do don't drive drunk just call a friend dude.
I came across your blog while browsing.
I really like it.
Well feel free to read/comment my posts.
I'd greatly appreciate it.
:]

B.W. Davis said...

LOL! Hey jonny, despite my experience and skill as a writer, sometimes it is truly difficult to convey sarcasm via the written word. I was purposefully being dramatic, likely influenced by also being mildly under the influence.

Thank you very much for reading as well as for your comment. I'll certainly be checking out your blog as well.

Cheers