Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Garden in My Mind's Eye

I keep seeing a special place in my mind's eye when I'm day dreaming. I'm not exactly sure why. This place is fairly timeless in the sense of being outdated. It's classic, perhaps oldish in the way of being established. I see a small, grassy meadow surrounded by tall, dark evergreens. The grass is well manicured and has been allowed to grow just a bit since it was last cut. A small stream runs nearby. There's a white wrought iron set of table and chairs. The table is circular and there are four chairs. The pieces match perfectly and are fairly ornate. There's a white gazebo off to the side with screening, almost like a bird aviary. Perhaps if there was an associated time period, it could be the 1970s or just as easily the 1870s or perhaps now. I like to think of it as the 1970s, maybe because this is a time I can relate to with great fondness. I also like to think of it as somewhere in Western Europe.

I'm not sure the meaning of this place quite yet. It gives me a sense that it may actually exist outside my mind's eye. This place has a scent that's just a hint musty or mildly antiqued. It's barely noticeable. It could make sense that it's some place I've been to before.

No comments: