Sunday, October 19, 2014

Oct. 18th Dream ...

Ever had a dream inside a dream? I think I may have last night. Not sure how long ago it was or whether I jotted it down. My sense is it may have been months back. I had a dream I spontaneously took an international trip for a couple weeks. Memory of exactly where I went and what I did while there is a bit fuzzy. My first port of call was somewhere in Asia, like Taipei or Singapore. My time there was brief, perhaps a day or two at most. So really a glorified layover. I then continued onto Europe. Paris, Berlin and I think Prague, not sure what order. I think I started in Prague, made my way by train to Berlin and lastly by train to Paris before returning home.

The reason I'm recalling this is because in last night's dream I shared the details about my travels to someone in my dream. The someone I believe was a guy I was in real life with on an exchange program to Germany in the summer of 1989. The details I shared with him in my dream seemed so real to me, as though I had actually in fact had the experience in real life; like an actual memory. When I awoke, I asked my husband if in the past few years I had taken a spontaneous trip to the Far East and Europe. He confirmed I had not.

In that same part of the dream, I recall emerging from a silver car, smoking a cigarette. I also recall having a negative judgement about it as though I was at the same time an on-looker. I recall a beautiful, old, moss-covered palace of a cathedral with huge, incredible and vividly colorful stained-glass windows.

I had another dream, this one a bit more disconcerting. I, too, was diagnosed with cancer like my mom in real life. In my dream, she received her diagnosis and I received mine shortly following. I recall this hollow feeling of hopelessness and helplessness. I also recall being on the hunt for medical answers and treatment at medical-looking facilities.

Since I'm notating this late in the day, I think it's about all I can recall from around 7 AM when I began stirring.

Cancer: To dream of cancer denotes illness of someone near you. Depressions may follow the man of affairs after this dream. To dream that you have cancer denotes hopelessness, grief, self-pity and unforgiveness. You feel you are wasting your life away. This dream also represents areas in your life which are bothering you, disturbing you and hurting you in some emotional way. To dream you are being treated for cancer signifies a positive change in your life. To dream that someone has cancer indicates you need to change your negative way of thinking before it creates a cancer in you. Start being more positive. Symbolically, Cancer represents the Moon, the Eternal Mother and the astrological sign of Cancer (which my husband is). Intellectually we may have worked through our fears but still be left with attitudes and beliefs that cannot be cleared away. Very often this appears as cancer or illness in dreams and equally can represent something 'eating away' at us - usually a negative idea or concept. Cancer is one of the prime fears that a human being has to deal with, so to dream of a cancer indicates we are out of harmony with our body. It also indicates fear of illness. In a man's dream his focus may be on his attitude to his mother or mothering.

Church: To see the outside of a church in your dream signifies sacredness and spiritual nourishment. It is representative of your value system and the things you hold sacred. It may also represent a need to be appreciated by those you love.

Dream: To dream you are dreaming signifies your emotional state. You are excessively worried and fearful about a situation or circumstance that you are going through.

Memory: To dream about a memory suggests you are ready to rid yourself of your old ways and undergo some sort of transformation and new outlook in life. Recalling a memory in your dream may also be less of a shock than if you had recalled the memory in your waken state. It indicates that you may have learned something from your past.

Silver: To see silver in your dream symbolizes the moon, intuition and the feminine aspects of yourself. This may be in the sense we are available, yet remote. It signifies tranquility and understated confidence. Silver color represents justice and purity. It is symbolic of some protective energy.

Smoking: To dream you are smoking indicates that you are trying to shield yourself and others against your emotions. You have trouble letting others in.

Travel: Travel is a dream that has several meanings and should be used in the dream as a stand alone as meaning a wish to leave your present environment. A dream of traveling in a car full of people usually means you will be making new friends and enjoying life more.

No comments: