Saturday, January 26, 2008

Gettin' fixed up

So Max emailed me yesterday concerning a single, recently-out gentleman who owns a high end men's clothing store at the top of Queen Anne. In fact Max has mentioned him to me on several occasions, and I can't quite tell whether he is just trying to gauge my interest or ... ???

Here was his email message to me:

"My friend who owns _____, _____, will be at __'s (hoedown) party tonight. He'll be wearing a zipper front brown leather shirt. He has longish hair and is about 6-feet tall and tan......oh, and handsome....like you. See if you can find him. He's a great guy and a good friend.

Have fun!"
My best friend in San Francisco, we'll call her Grace (since more often than not she is my saving grace), seems to think Max is trying to play puppet master. In fact, this is the image she sent me relative to the email thread we had on this subject:

I really don't take Max for that kind of person, one who would get off on manipulating people for his own personal entertainment, but I really don't know him all that well yet either. Then again, I do seem to have a recent track record of attracting such people into my life. We'll just have to see ...

I did let Max know I introduced myself to his friend at the hoedown last night. He was nice enough but not terribly talkative. I didn't mention he made kind of a poor first impression. Some things are best left unsaid ...

No comments: