Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Star Dusk | Urban Eclipse

Capturing the setting sun as observed intensely beaming through the glass windows of a Downtown Seattle office skyscraper. The verb capture is such a misnomer in this context. A person can capture a moth, but the very thought of capturing a star in any respect, something so incredibly massive and so many dozens of times larger than any of the planets in our solar system, is silly to say the least. I suppose that's why we have terms like idiomatic.

I shot this photograph on January 15, 2008. What a very rare and pleasantly bizarre several days we experienced. The city was graced by a solid week of consecutive sunsets in the middle of winter. Thankfully my 7th story view allowed me to enjoy them all!

This photo in particular shows how Seattle is partially blocking my view of the center of our solar system.

The setting sun is my second favorite natural event next to the rising sun. What a fantastic spectacle - there's nothing else quite like it on earth ...

No comments: