Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sunset @ the North Pole

My dear Poops (that's our affectionate nickname for one another) just sent me the below photo and caption in response to my Star Dusk post I shared with her about the sun setting on Seattle. In fact, she rang me out of the blue the very evening I took the Seattle sunset photo to draw my attention to something I was already observing. On different ends of town we were both simultaneously watching the bright orange globe melt into the sea and over the Olympic Mountains. We were both gazing at the same sunset and for some reason she thought of me at that very same moment. What a delightful surprise to hear from her, especially when she called to draw my attention to something I was similarly enjoying.

There is a certain power around connections like the aforementioned. Jung described them as "synchronistic experiences." Much of his psychological study and practice was devoted to synchronisities in life. Fasinating subject ...

Sunset @ the North Pole

CAPTION: A scene you will probably never get to see, so take a moment and enjoy. This is the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point. You also see the sun below the moon. An amazing photo and not one easily duplicated. You may want to pass it onto others. The Chinese have a saying that goes something like this: "When someone shares with you something of value, you have an obligation to share it with others!"

Well, I think my work is done here in this moment ...

No comments: